“Behave so the aroma of your actions may enhance the
general sweetness of the atmosphere” said Henry David Thoreau. We expect
our students to behave in line with the pleasant and dignified atmosphere
of the college. We believe that a sense of discipline and dignity is of
paramount importance during student life and there are certain rules that
are in place to ensure this. We remind you that those who are guilty of
serious misconduct, or whose presence in the college is detrimental to
the order and discipline on the campus, are liable to be expelled. Code
of conduct on the campus includes safeguarding the college property, keeping
the place clean and tidy and dressing up decently.
With great thought and in the interest of students,
the college follows a dress code which the students ought to adhere to
compulsorily on all days that they are on campus. We insist on the dress
code even during examinations and fests.
- Boys are expected to wear only formal shirts and trousers (colouring
of hair, piercing of body should be avoided).
- Girls must wear salwar kameez with dupatta (stoles, short kurthas,
colouring of hair, piercing of body should be avoided).
- We do not welcome Jeans and T- Shirts or their look alike. Students
violating dress code will not be allowed to attend the class and will
have to lose attendance for the day.
- Being a co-educational institution, appropriate behavior and healthy
friendship is expected between students.
- Students should greet their teachers when they meet them for the first
time in the day within the premises of the college, and whenever they
meet them in public.
- When the teacher enters the classroom, the students must rise and
greet the teacher and stand until they are directed to sit, or till
the teacher takes his/her seat. When the attendance is taken, students
must stand up one by one and answer to their name or register number,
- Students are expected to be seated in their respective classrooms
at the stroke of the first bell and wait for the teacher. During lecture
hours, students are not permitted to loiter in the corridors. If a teacher
is on leave, alternate arrangements will be made to engage the class.
The class representatives are expected to inform the department if there
is no teacher, to engage a particular hour.
- Students are expected to make use of the library during free periods.
- Students are not permitted to sit on the steps of the staircase or
on the steps of the portico of the college.
- Absence from classes without genuine reasons will not be entertained.
- Students remaining absent for a day or more for any reasons (personal,
students representing the college for competitions etc.) have to
submit the leave form duly signed within ten days of the leave period.
- Students, who are absent from classes for two weeks or more at
a stretch without the written permission of the Principal, will
be considered to have left the college.
- Defacing the furniture and walls, committing nuisance on the college
grounds and any other kind of damage or destruction of the college property
will be punishable. In addition to the punishment, the students will
have to pay for the damage.
- Students must possess their identity card and handbook whenever they
come to the college and produce it whenever asked for.
- Only students who are on the rolls of the college and their parents
shall enter the college campus.
- Tests are held periodically in every subject. Attendance for periodic
tests is compulsory. Students should remain in the examination hall
for the entire examination time.
- Students are forbidden from organizing and attending any meeting within
the college, collect money for any purpose, circulate any notice or
petition of any kind among the students or paste it on the college notice
board without the written permission of the Principal.
- Students must not join any club or society or make any engagement
that would interfere with their studies without the prior permission
of the Principal.
- Students are not allowed to play in any team against the college.
- Active participation in politics is not compatible with the academic
life of students and, as such, students are not expected to indulge
in public activities that are of a political nature.
- Complaints of any kind should be made only through proper representatives
of their respective classes, or through the student council members.
- Smoking and chewing pan or gum in the campus is strictly prohibited.
- Movements of vehicles in the college campus shall be in moderate speed.
Students can park their four wheelers inside the college campus only
after paying the prescribed fee. They are supposed to park their two
wheelers in the basement of the college.
- Mobile phones are strictly prohibited on campus. If found, it will
be confiscated, and will not be returned.
- In case of loss of Identity Card, students should inform the office
and apply for a new Identity Card. Duplication / misuse of identity
card will be dealt with seriously.